PDA

View Full Version : J.R Blog: Which stars have "Untapped potential" and more

LionDen
03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, answering some questions and comments that have been sent in to his site. No mention of the Hall of Fame induction, which makes me wonder if this was penned before Raw last night. Either way, the blog is always worth checking out, and you can do so by clicking here (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/03/27/young-stars-saints-future-ad-a-brown-ou-texas-leaving-the-cotton-bowl-dela-hoya-mayweather-jr-a-diva-cappotelli-george-south-dark-journey-an-owen-story-steve-blackman-nfl-in-oklahoma-one-man-gang-fail/).

Some highlights from this edition:

- Ross praised Johnny Nitro (who he said reminds of him a young Rick Rude), Kenny Dykstra, Lance Cade, Ken Kennedy and MVP as young stars with "untapped potential".

- JR writes about working with the One Man Gang, and how friendly OMG was away from the ring.

- Concerning Paul Burchill, Ross writes that he is still improving and that he is "a keeper".

- In regards to younger talent, Ross writes: "physical drills are imperative, obviously, but equally as important are verbal skill practice and studying the history of the business. If a young prospect isn’t interested in the wonderful history of our business, I would suggest they fine another line of work. We cannot navigate our future without understanding our past. The verbal aspect of this training phase needs to be enhanced in my humble opinion. Our fans expect the performers to be able to verbally communicate and few wrestlers will make it to the Promised Land if they can’t put sentences together. There are exceptions to this rule but by and large….no talkie…no consistent main events."

- Speaking of promos, Ross writes: "Why doesn’t the great Khali do more promos on TV? At the moment, speaking English isn’t one of the 7’3” 420 pounders strengths. Khali wasn’t hired for his oratory."

- Ross notes that Matt Cappotelli is still battling brain cancer, and asks that we all send him a prayer.

- On the question of whether Sting will ever be in WWE, Ross responds "That’s a question for Sting to answer but stranger things have happened that’s for sure. The WWE has talked to Sting over the years but after he left WCW Sting was not interested in a full time schedule as evidenced by him working part time now. Before it is all said and done for Steve Borden’s wrestling career it would not totally surprise me to see him have a short term run in the WWE. Nonetheless, Steve Borden is a class act and a guy I have known forever in his wrestling career. Sting was put on the map in a big way thanks to the efforts of Ric Flair at the first Class of the Champions."

The blog also has lots of football talk, a couple of funny Owen Hart stories, and more. Again, you can read the full entry by clicking here (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/03/27/young-stars-saints-future-ad-a-brown-ou-texas-leaving-the-cotton-bowl-dela-hoya-mayweather-jr-a-diva-cappotelli-george-south-dark-journey-an-owen-story-steve-blackman-nfl-in-oklahoma-one-man-gang-fail/).

Pritch
03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Paul Burchill is tha man! Always liked him...

The Major
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
its a shame i liked his pirate gimmick.. and yeah wwe need to tap those guys potentail.

legolas4792
03-28-2007, 11:43 PM
lance cade? didnt expect that he is definately untapped

benoitgirl
03-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Rick Rude was a tremendous heel and I can see alot of similarities between him and Nitro. Nitro definately knows how to work an arrogant attitude and has the goods to back it up. Now they just need to give him a storyline.