PDA

View Full Version : Dallas page talks Jay Z, Stone Cold, NWO and more

LionDen
03-30-2007, 11:44 PM
DDP on the Joe McDonnell Experience

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion “Diamond Dallas” Page was Joe McDonnell’s guest during the 8 o’clock hour on “The Joe McDonnell Experience” on KLAC AM 1150 Thursday night. DDP was primarily on the show to promote his Yoga for Regular Guys (YRG) program. There also was a little wrestling talk and talk about his beef with Jay-Z over the Diamond Cutter sign.

In the first segment, Page discussed his recent trips to Namibia to film the motion picture “Gallows Walk”, starring Wesley Snipes, and to Iraq to visit the troops. He said that he really enjoyed working with Snipes and that despite his reputation. He also talked about his websites DiamondDallasPage.com and YRG.com. Joe also took the time to plug the workout and talked about the day he went over to Page’s house and did the workout and how he pretty much was worn out after taking it.

In the second segment Page was introduced to two listeners who won a contest to do the workout in studio. After the commercial break the radio audience was treated to hearing (that’s right) him put the two listeners through a brief workout and how in just that five minute period their heart rates had gone up to around 140 beats per minute.

Page then talked about the various athletes who are currently doing the YRG workouts. Among those who are hooked on the program are Derrick Brooks and Alex Smith of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, pitcher Chris Benson of the Baltimore Orioles, the entire Georgia Tech Football team and Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame. He even talked about the fact that Rob Zombie wrote the forward to the YRG book.

The conversation then turned to his beef with Jay-Z over the Diamond Cutter. He said that he has taken time to sit down with the rap star and said that they pretty much have talked about his use of the sign. He also said that the lawsuit wasn’t about money, but about respect.

One of the contest winners asked him about his match with Goldberg at Halloween Havoc in 1998. Page said that it was a very hard hitting match. In fact, when Goldberg hit him with the spear, Goldberg hit Page so hard that he knocked himself out and that if it wasn’t for his well developed traps he probably would have broken his neck doing the move.

Page also talked about his good buddy “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and Austin’s new film “The Condemned”. He said that he saw the raw, unedited footage and that even without all the sound effects and music that it looked as if it was going to be a hit.

The conversation then turned back to wrestling as one of the listeners asked about the NWO angle. Page said that the reason that it got over so well was the fact that it looked so real. He said that the best angles are always the ones that are based somewhat in reality and that that is what is missing from today’s wrestling product.

At the end of the interview, Joe invited Page to come back to perhaps co-host one night, maybe with Stone Cold. Page definitely sounded like he was enjoying himself and was a great guest.

Source: PWInsider.com

legolas4792
03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
yo its me its me its ddp!

F4L
03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Nice to know that DDP is still going strong!

WCW 4 Life!

)85(
03-31-2007, 05:32 AM
i wonder how that movie is going to be. i'm a big fan of the blade movies. the last i heard, alot people don't like Blade 3. it wasn't a bad movie for me.