PDA

View Full Version : King Booker Out

AFC1986
04-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Friday night was not a pleasant one for SmackDown’s resident royalty, King Booker. First, his majesty suffered a disappointing loss to Matt Hardy in one-on-one action, and later, his attempted ambush on Undertaker was thwarted in a big way when he was driven head first onto the announce table via a thunderous Tombstone Piledriver. As a result of the beating he received from the Deadman, King Booker suffered multiple injuries. WWE.com received the following update from World Wrestling Entertainment physician Dr. Rios on the King’s condition:

“As a result of the Tombstone from Undertaker on Friday night, King Booker suffered a sprain, and strained contusion of the neck,” said Dr. Rios.

WWE.com has also learned that while recovering from his encounter with the Phenom, King Booker will be treated for a previous chronic knee injury, where he has a meniscus tear, and a chronic elbow strain and sprain.

There is no timetable for the King’s recovery, but stay tuned to WWE.com for more information as it becomes available.

source: wwe.com

does anyone know if this is a legit injury of if booker is taking time off for surgery?

Bad Boy
04-07-2007, 09:54 PM
mostly it sounds like he is takin time off for the earlier injuries, so it fits him getting taken out by the champ...

King Sir Greatness
04-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah. He's been needing time to get work on his knee for a while, and him being taken out by the Undertaker was a way to get him off TV.

AFC1986
04-07-2007, 09:58 PM
The reason King Booker was written off Smackdown last night by being tombstoned on a table by WWE World champion The Undertaker is that he's been dealing with a knee issue for some time. He's going to undergo surgery to repair the problems and is expected back by late June at the latest. WWE is reporting on their website that he'll be out of action "indefinitely" due to the tombstone, which will be the storyline reason for his departure

source: pwinsider.com

well this has just answered my question. i just hope he comes back as a face as i find him more entertaining when he's a face

F4L
04-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I think he'lll drop the King Booker gimmick when he comes back. The Wrestlemania Spinaroonie was hint towards it.

legolas4792
04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
i definately see a gimmick change in his return its about time im really tired of king booookaaah

Pritch
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I think its just a storyline to ditch the King gimmick.

mikedudelang
04-09-2007, 04:40 AM
booker is one of the greatest. can't wait to see him back challenging for the belt. he's funny and great in the ring. the wwe needs more like him.

legolas4792
04-09-2007, 04:42 AM
I hope sharmell goes off the show shes the reason he became a bad guy in the first place she is so annoying

XXKSXX
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Well booker has been going for awhile and has documented injury's I would assume he might be taken sometime off.