PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will The Undertaker's Title Reign Last?

AFC1986
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
The Undertaker has been told this will be the first long-term title run of his career. Vince told him he wanted to give him a long-run but needed a commitment to a full-time schedule in return. It remains to be seen just how long Undertaker can keep up the schedule as he is in need of a hip replacement. The idea of Undertaker/Batista was first pitched last August by Dusty Rhodes and Alex Greenfield. Vince approved it in September but said no decision on the finish would be made at that time, prompting many to think he wanted Batista to end the streak. In truth, Vince doesn't want the streak to end and so it probably never will.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

i'm glad he's getting a long run as he deserves it just for being in the wwe for 17 years. i think him getting a title run is the first step towards his retirement

legolas4792
04-09-2007, 12:17 AM
im suprised hes getting a long reign but excited i like the change to the title picture there are many possibilities for good fueds with taker as champ

Platinum_Lies
04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
The WWE needs to stop the long runs of over 4 months. So hopefully by long they mean 4 or so months and not 9 to 12 months.

ceribral assassin
04-09-2007, 01:38 AM
title reign are to long unless its triple h im so sick of seeing john cena and that spinning embaresment of a wwe championship

F4L
04-09-2007, 02:05 AM
It'll last till about Armageddon or something, where Mr. Kennedy will take it, once...and for all!

abyss1
04-09-2007, 02:09 AM
title reign are to long unless its triple h im so sick of seeing john cena and that spinning embaresment of a wwe championship

We are all sick of Cena and that damn belt !!! Well most of us anyway....

Most long title reigns (as in 7-8 months+) do not work, especially with a face. I was worried Undertaker would lose the title at Backlash straight back to Batista, and that they had made Taker win at WM simply to keep the streak alive, and not to build him a proper title reign

Glad to hear that may not be the case

legolas4792
04-09-2007, 02:12 AM
as long as batista doesnt win it back im happy

Phenomenal One
04-09-2007, 03:04 AM
i dont think batista should win it back for a while yet, he should prove that he deserves if before they give him another shot at it.

with the title reign situation, i hope that they give taker a halfway decent reign with the title because he deserves it, and it will be great to see taker on TV more often now

skywarp
04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
hope we see a taker vs kane feud...

XXKSXX
04-09-2007, 03:27 PM
It is a well deserved title run and I'm glad that he's going to get a shot at holding the title for awhile. I think the Undertaker also looks like he's in pretty good shape right now so maybe he will make a nice long title rain.

wwe9112
04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
i hope over a year, then at wm24 or i hope it lasts to wm25 lol taker vs kane for it and kane beats him, then taker never shows again like his spirit is in kane so he cn retire lol

XXKSXX
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
i hope over a year, then at wm24 or i hope it lasts to wm25 lol taker vs kane for it and kane beats him, then taker never shows again like his spirit is in kane so he cn retire lol

It would be nice but I don't think the Undertaker is able to do that plus I think it would get a little old by the time WM24 would get here.

wwe9112
04-09-2007, 03:39 PM
^^ true we all got tired of seeing basistia wit the title, and as well as cena, even tho im a fan of both of them so i can see where u came with that

XXKSXX
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking he's probably going to have it for a good 5 or 6 months thou and that will be just is good to watch.

Kyal_Cena
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
He will lose it At vengence which should give him a good reign

The Major
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
he will probably lose it in one of the ppvs in like, september time. somewhere around that, but the question is who can beat him on smackdown?

i just hope they give kennedy a good push and let him beat the undertaker. kennedy. unlike boretista is entertaining and can wrestle, so he should be the one to take the belt from the deadman.

Con
04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Mr. Kennedy should definetly be the next champ, although I wouln't mind Kane as the champion either. :)

legolas4792
04-10-2007, 01:55 AM
i would definately love a kane vs taker fued for the title