PDA

View Full Version : Hierarchy Of WWE Announcers, Joey Styles Low On The List

Dangerous Incorporated
04-10-2007, 11:08 PM
In terms of who they think are the best announcers and who are just backups WWE have some surprising picks. It is generally considered, in order, that these are the rankings:

JR, King, Michael Cole, Tod Grisham, Tazz, JBL, Joey Styles, the Coach.

It is interesting to note that although Joey Styles has a cult following he had to take extensive tutoring to improve his play by play. He spent too much time calling moves and saying "oh my god" than telling a story and getting over the talent.

In terms of replacing JR, Michale Cole is the obvious replacement and Tod Grisham is considered to be better than Joey Styles at this time.

The Coach is not upset by the way fans and management regard his commentary skills. He never wanted to do play by play and prefers being an on air talent.

Source: PWTorch

Its ridiculous how much heat Styles gets and Cole is considered excellent by WWE. If there was one announcer I wish was gone and thats Cole and how does Todd Grisham out rank JBL who is a brilliant colour commentator?

legolas4792
04-11-2007, 12:30 AM
i think coach is better than todd grisham atleast and tazz and jbl definately are

jamie66
04-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Well Vince loves JBL so he might be higher.

wwe9112
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I think they need better comintary(sp) for ECW but other than that they are good on it imo.

tommy
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
JBL makes watching smackdown painful.

LionDen
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I would have to say Styles is better than JBL, fair enough Styles had to learn the style of WWE but he has now and should be way up the list IMO.

legolas4792
04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
i think styles did better when he commentated on raw now hes kind of boring

XXKSXX
04-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I liked when Coach was at the announcers table he was a good heel and Styles is a very good announcer I know he's better then both the Smackdown announcers.