PDA

View Full Version : Huge ECW News

Slash
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM
WWE has made the decision to bring back Extreme Championship Wrestling as a full time entity and has begun talking with former ECW talent about returning to work for the new version of the legendary promotion. As of right now, WWE is targeting a September return for the promotion. No decision has been made as to exactly how the company will be brought back yet. It's possible that it will take over the present OVW territory, that it will be a promotion that gets matches on the Raw and/or Smackdown promotions or possibly in some other manner. Sources have told us that Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer will be booking ECW when it starts up.

WWE has already contacted a number of ECW wrestlers and contracts will be sent out to them this week. The talents are being offered three year deals which consist of a series of one year contracts, with rollover clauses. A number of wrestlers have been contacted so far. We can confirm that WWE has talked with The Sandman, Francine and Balls Mahoney and will be sending contracts out to them this week.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Flair Country
04-23-2006, 11:33 PM
That sounds pretty good to me. I wonder if alot of the former ECW guys are still pissed at WWE for either letting them go or never hiring them in the first place?

bmk211
04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
wonder if they can get sabu to sign, that would be the shit and make the show complete

†† Reaper ††
04-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I doubt it he's with tna now

Victoria-a-holic
04-24-2006, 01:23 AM
thats awesome news.

LG
04-24-2006, 01:38 AM
If ECW comes back, what network would they be on? Spike? USA? UPN? I mean gees I hope they put it on cable instead of PPVS.

King TE
04-24-2006, 04:16 AM
That sounds awesome to me. Especially with Paul Heyman doing the booking. Just as long as the only involvement WWE has in with financel support. 'Because I wouldn't want their writers any near ECW.

The Major
04-24-2006, 08:18 AM
that would be fecking amazing!!!! i would love that!

Metalring
04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see ECW back full time.If it goes through then you'll be looking at one happy wrestling fan.

dezorr
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
sabu hasn't signed a contract with tna he just wrestles when he wants

the madscotsman
04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Time To Re-join The Revolution???