PDA

View Full Version : Ross on HBK's music change, Jeff Hardy as a main-eventer, Punk

Vance
04-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Jim Ross has added a new blog on his site while he's in Europe for WWE's tour. Below are a few highlights from his entry of which you can read in full at jrsarbq.com:

Shawn Michaels Using His Old Music
"I assume HBK came out to his old music because he is working solo at this time. I also assume that Shawn will don the DX colors when HHH gets healthy. Then again, perhaps both HBK and HHH will do their own individual thing. Personally, I like DX and the duo of Michaels and The Game."

Will Jeff Hardy Be A Main-Eventer?
"I would suggest he is a main eventer now, in my mind’s eye. Jeff is one of the most popular performers in the entire WWE. If Jeff continues to steer the course, I am sure more success will come his way. “Rainbow Hair” is hugely talented

ON ECW Breakout Star C.M. Punk
"C.M. Punk is another young man I enjoy watch wrestle. I wish he were on Raw every Monday. Nonetheless, Punk has started a new phase of his young career and we will see sooner than later how well he fits into his new role in ECW. I think he will do great and there is no doubt that Punk’s best days are still to come. The WWE has several outstanding young talents starting to come into their own, and Punk is one of them."

source:lordsofpain.com

DEMON
04-20-2007, 02:14 PM
As far as HBKs music goes.I would have to agree with Ross on that.HBK,is solo right now so there really isn't a need to keep pushing the DX thing right now.

Hardy a main-eventer???It didn't work in TNA(mainly because they didn't know how to do it right!),and I really don't think he could work like that in a much "bigger" orginazation like WWE.He works well in the tag-team division,as well as being a "mid-belt"(I.C./U.S Titles) holder.

Onto Punk...Punk should be on Raw.He is a highly talented performer,and I think he could excel if given the chance to shine on a live show.
BUT,for right now,ECW,IS,where he belongs.Mainly because his mic skills seem to be at a minimum,and could use a little more work.

tommy
04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
As far as HBKs music goes.I would have to agree with Ross on that.HBK,is solo right now so there really isn't a need to keep pushing the DX thing right now.

Hardy a main-eventer???It didn't work in TNA(mainly because they didn't know how to do it right!),and I really don't think he could work like that in a much "bigger" orginazation like WWE.He works well in the tag-team division,as well as being a "mid-belt"(I.C./U.S Titles) holder.

Onto Punk...Punk should be on Raw.He is a highly talented performer,and I think he could excel if given the chance to shine on a live show.
BUT,for right now,ECW,IS,where he belongs.Mainly because his mic skills seem to be at a minimum,and could use a little more work.

CM Punk's mic skills are amazing. What till he gets to cut a promo about why he switched over...right now he's only been getting a few lines in here and there. Give him the mic for five minutes and you'll realize how he really is.

legolas4792
04-20-2007, 11:12 PM
i think hardy can be a good maineventer but theres many ways wwe can screw that up

DEMON
04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
CM Punk's mic skills are amazing. What till he gets to cut a promo about why he switched over...right now he's only been getting a few lines in here and there. Give him the mic for five minutes and you'll realize how he really is.

Thats my point!They're NOT giving him the chance to prove his skills,let alone "hone" them in front of a live audience!

Garden State Saint
04-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Thats my point!They're NOT giving him the chance to prove his skills,let alone "hone" them in front of a live audience!

It's not also about WWE giving things to wrestlers. Punk will earn what he gets because he is a talented wrestler, it's a matter of time before more responsibility is instilled in him. I'm a huge Punk fan but I don't need for him to have the world by it's balls tomorrow to enjoy his work.