PDA

View Full Version : WWE: LOTS OF NEWS AND NOTES ON MATT HARDY, THE MARINE, PUNK, BATISTA, BACKLASH & More

Black Widow
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
WWE: LOTS OF NEWS AND NOTES ON MATT HARDY, THE MARINE, PUNK, BATISTA, BACKLASH AND MUCH MORE
by Phil Lowe
25 April 2007, 7:39 am

As Mark mentioned in his live updates from last night’s Smackdown TV tapings in London, The Hardy Boyz worked a dark match last night against Gregory Helms and Chavo Guerrero. Matt Hardy was said to have been in pain on Monday night as a result of the finisher he took from Trevor Murdoch, but was said to be ok last night, and will be fine for Sunday’s Backlash PPV.

On the subject of Backlash, after last night’s edition of ECW on Sci Fi and the way the main event played out, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if CM Punk vs Elijah Burke is announced in the next day or so for this Sunday’s PPV.

Chelsea FC manager Jose Mourinho’s appearance at RAW this Monday was mentioned in several UK media outlets yesterday. As Mourinho himself mentioned a few weeks ago after meeting Chris Benoit, he had wanted to attend last night’s Smackdown tapings with his kids but was unable to due to Chelsea preparing for tonight’s Champions League game with Liverpool.

The Express and Star have also given column inches to WWE this week, but in a less favourable light. They ran an article on fans who were disappointed when attending a Batista signing in Wolverhampton. We’ve had a few emails from people who attended the signing, who all pretty much said that Batista looked like he didn’t want to be there and ignored a lot of fans. I appreciate that WWE wrestlers have a tough time and they’re at the end of a tough European tour, but ignoring the people that help to put you in the position you are in - especially at an official signing where the line is mainly made up of fans who will spend big money on merchandise etc. - is just wrong, in my opinion

wrestlemag.com

XXKSXX
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mined seeing CM Punk vs Elijah Burke. Punk would have this one all the way.

legolas4792
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
im not sure somebody like trevor murdoch should be doing moves like that a powerbomb or something would have been fine

Garden State Saint
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Punk vs. Burke better get added to an already very good card.