PDA

View Full Version : Major Update On RVD's Possible Departure, Details

bad_meetz_evil
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As we’ve been reporting, RVD turned down WWE's latest offer. According to sources, this appeared to be the final offer WWE was going to make. So the likeliness of RVD resigning is very slim. His contract is rumored to expire in July. With his contract expiring, the general feeling is that there will be no non-compete clause in effect and will be able to compete anywhere upon his leave from the company.

There has been no talk in regards to TNA signing him at this point but as time goes by things may change.

With RVD's possible departure from WWE, Sabu and Sandman’s future may be up in the air as well. It's been said that Heyman and RVD, both, kept Sabu from being fired or even quitting himself. Sabu's been on thin ice in the company for quite some time now and has been staying out of trouble for the most part.

Sandman's days in ECW appear to be up in the air as well. RVD’s departure may result in the complete dismantle of the Originals.

We'll have more on this as we get more information.

legolas4792
04-30-2007, 11:13 PM
wasnt rvd supposed to get a push too? damn i guess it wasnt enough for him

LionDen
05-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I will miss RVD, I feel bad for these guys considering how excited they must have been about ECW returning but I guess deep down they knew it would never be the same.

If RVD does leave and it all looks like he will unless a miracle happens, I am sure the others will to. I do not see Sandman staying nor do i see Sabu staying either. They might even follow RVD and go to TNA. Not sure what Dreamer would do, he might stay but my guess is eventually he would leave to.

Platinum_Lies
05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
With Lashley injured and probably out, RVD may end up staying since he is one of the few guys that could hold that belt as a true champion.

tommy
05-01-2007, 01:58 AM
I dont know...it may be time to give the belt to CM Punk or Elijah Burke. Preferebly Punk.

Garden State Saint
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I guarantee RVD's deal has just been sweetened. He is pinning Vinnie Mac for the ECW championship and he is staying put.

yankeesman77
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Sort of like the same storyline they had last year except, the face Cena (who was a fan of the older product) took on RVD in a much more meaner enviroment. The language and the atmoshphere could be intensified with RVD challenging McMahon now that Lashley is injured. I really do hope RVD stays because of this action and finally seeing him given a legitament push since last year.