PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Replacing Joey Styles As Lead Announcer

OMEN
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Jim Ross will be replacing Joey Styles as the lead announcer at tonight's Backlash pay-per-view. A decision has been made for Jim Ross to become the lead announcer on Raw again, possibly as early as tomorrow night. If not tomorrow, then definitely in a few weeks.

Joey Styles will not be left stranded as he will more than likely be calling the new ECW show. It will likely debut in June.

source: Wrestling Observer

Still 2nd Place
04-30-2006, 11:03 PM
I will be ok with it as long as Joey gose to ECW but I would be pissed if he was to be just taken back seat and there was nothing for him .....I think that Joey is 100% better then the coach I think he is really bad its like having 2 Kings I cant count how many times I felt bad for Joey having to work with these 2 lol

I just want to say I like King but you only need one of him you dont need 2 people that are talking about everything but wrestling up on the booth

LionDen
05-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Joey did announce last weeks Heat, maybe they will keep him there till ECW begins.

Deadly D
05-01-2006, 12:54 AM
That sucks. I was enjoying Joey Styles' commentry.

JR is a legend of course, but I think it's time for a new guy to have a stab at it. Of course hopefully Styles will be commentating on the ECW show so it's not all bad news I supose.

Megan
05-01-2006, 02:03 AM
I like Good ol J.R hes really a great commentator but Joey is pretty good to i will hate to see him go.

goatsucker
05-01-2006, 06:35 AM
His style of commentary is more suited for ECW, and he needs to be the main guy for the return of ECW. J.R. is the voice of RAW far as I'm concerned. Having him back alongside the King and the Coach will be comforting and reassuring again. Welcome back, J.R.!