PDA

View Full Version : More Backstage News On MVP/Chris Benoit, More

Anti-Cena
05-18-2007, 06:03 PM
As previously reported MVP is becoming very popular with wrestlers backstage in WWE, with Benoit even taking him under his wing by training him in the ring and helping him to look like a champ in the process. Benoit is now 40 years old and for a while he has wanted to give back to the business by trying to guide the career of someone who he thinks can help carry things on to the future. MVP is currently 33 years old and has went on record saying that Benoit is among his favorite wrestlers to watch, alongside Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero.

HHH has done similar things in the past, wanting his legacy to reflect that he created the next generation's biggest stars by grooming Orton and Batista.

One of the only problems people within the company have with MVP is his dated ring attire, which Steve Austin refers to as the "Power Ranger costume." His attire was actually chosen for him because he was out of shape at the time and they wanted to hide his gut. Since then he has gotten into better shape and they’re now looking to get him some better ring gear so he can be taken more seriously.

Hopes are high backstage that MVP will one day be a major draw for WWE.

[Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider]

XXKSXX
05-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I also think that MVP should change his wrestling attire. It's also pretty cool that Benoit is helping him out. I think MVP is going to do all right for himself in the future.

Bone Thug II
05-18-2007, 06:25 PM
i like his ring attire, maybe he could change to Kurt angle style attire.

XXKSXX
05-18-2007, 06:31 PM
i like his ring attire, maybe he could change to Kurt angle style attire.

That wouldn't be to bad.

legolas4792
05-18-2007, 08:24 PM
i think he will definately be a big star and i have no problem with his outfit it makes him different because hes not wearing a speedo or just pants