PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos; Colloquy, Spoilers

cris
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3526/imgep8403ap4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This week, Phil turns down Tony's offer of compromise and A.J. despairs about the world and his future. Meanwhile, Tony takes offense over an affront to Meadow in Episode 84: "The Second Coming."

Spoilers credit to: The Deadwood Stage

• 4/29/2007 - This must be an important episode for Carmella, because it's the episode that Edie Falco will submit to Emmy judges if she lands on the list of top 10 vote-getters for best lead actress, after a popular vote is conducted of TV academy members. (source: goldderby.latimes.com)

• 4/30/2007 - Tony's offer to settle differences between New York and New Jersey is rejected by Phil Leotardo; A.J. continues to battle depression; Meadow's father comes to her rescue. (source: tvguide.com) (UPDATED 5/14/2007: Some speculation: I'm going to guess that the affront to Meadow/rescue by Tony has something to do with her "mystery date" from a previous episode. Maybe the guy acts like an ass or gets violent while they're out, and she calls Tony to come pick her up? I'm probably wrong, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway; NEW - UPDATED 5/17/2007: Or maybe someone beats up the mystery date - one of the episode photos below appears to show a man and a woman - who could be Meadow - being confronted by two guys in a restaurant.)

• 5/13/2007 - A.J. and Meadow need help from their parents. (source: goldderby.latimes.com)

• 5/13/2007 - Amy Beckerman plays a bulemic in a mental institution in this episode. On the Sopranos set, she met met Robert Iler, who plays A.J. Soprano, and Edie Falco, who plays Carmela Soprano. (source: townonline.com) (From that info, it sounds like Carmella may go to see A.J. in a mental institution; this would fit with A.J. being depressed and this being Edie Falco's possibly-Emmy-nominated episode.):

• 5/14/2007 -(Just some speculation: In episode 510, "Cold Cuts," Melfi quoted Yeats' poem "The Second Coming" to Tony during a session, so the poem may be referenced again in this episode as "things fall apart" for Tony.):

The Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Further Doable Spoilers (take it with a grain of salt):

credit to: BadaBingKing, from the Comcast Community Forums

I can tell you that Tony saying "I get it" has a lot to do with what is going to happen in the next episodes. He has to purge himself of the thorns and bad kharma.

I have seen the much talked about DVD release of the first 4 episodes and I also have some information of what happens afterwards. Take it for what it is worth but the source has also been correct on other HBO productions and I have known her for 20 years so I believe what she says is correct.

Junior - Kills himself. Portayed as in he just can't take the home and the meds anymore but could also be because he is mentally ill.

Paulie - Gets whacked by NY crew. Long story short, Paulie is stealing from NY on a mutual deal and his nephew is killed in return. Paulie then kills a NY made guy (not sure who) and he is then dealt with. This will From what I am told this is classic mob hit stuff, like the toll booth in Godfather. Paulie goes out in a hail of bullets.

Silvio - Unfortunately he gets whacked as well. This is all a ripple effect from the Paulie stuff. I have heard he gets whacked in front of the Bing along with his wife but it could also be in front of Artie's place. Silvio will always be my favorite Sopranos character.

Bobby - Gets whacked in front of a hobby store while his son watches. This is said to be a very sad scene.

AJ - Tries to kill himself. Survives. There is more to his story but my friend said she didn't see any further scenes with him in them. Maybe he doesn't survive?

Meadow - Safely returns to CA and leaves the family for good.

Carmine puts a hit out on Tony in response to his not openly backing him in his battle with Phil to get control of the NY family. Tony lives but his bodyguard doesn't. The feds try to get Tony to flip by playing him tapes of Carmine talking about whacking Tony. Tony does not flip.

Where does this leave Tony? Who knows. What I can tell you is that when the scenes for the final 20 minutes were filmed there were only 6 people present besides the actors. David Chase, who for the first time in a while took total control of this episode 3 cameras, 1 sound and 1 tech. They filmed 3 final scenes much like they did with Sex And The City.

Things I have heard are

Tony gets whacked. It is thought that it is Carmine's crew because we all know Phil is too old school to put out a hit on a boss without real good cause. Carmine does this since Tony does not throw full support to him in his battle with Phil.

Tony and Carmella go to California (or maybe Florida) with Crissy's wife and Janice and the kids. Essentially, Tony retires since his whole crew is now gone.

Tony whacks Carmine in retribution for the attempt on his life. This endears him to Phil and Phil takes over NJ with Tony's blessing since there is nobody else left to take it. Tony will then retire.

I do know that some of the final scenes were filmed in a diner in North Jersey. Artie Bucco is in some of the scenes. They were closed to everyone not essential to filming. I have read rumors that Bobby does not get killed and that he instead takes over the NJ family. I don't believe this to be true based on what my friend tells me.

Take this for what it is worth. I can tell you that you will know much more after this Sunday and a lot of what I am saying will take place.