PDA

View Full Version : Helms Out For 1 Year

Dangerous Incorporated
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Gregory Helms will undergo fusion surgery this Monday 5/21 under Dr. Lloyd Youngblood to repair two broken vertebrae in his neck.

“It turns out that I have two cracked vertebrae, and one of them is pressing into my spinal cord,” Helms told WWE's website this afternoon. “One is just demolished, and they told me that the pain I had outside my neck was pretty common; they call it pain referral. One is pressing so far into the spinal cord that I could risk paralysis if I kept going. We get bumps and bruises all the time, and I’ve been to the hospital before thinking something was wrong when I was just banged up, so I thought that this time too. I have a high tolerance for pain, but this pain is 24/7.”

Helms realized something was wrong during a four show loop in the Northeast this past weekend when he was unable to do pushups while getting ready to wrestle. He was sent for an MRI by the company, which led to Dr. Youngblood examining him.

Helms will be out of action for about one year while recovering and rehabilitating from the surgery, following the path of Steve Austin, Amy Dumas, Rhino, and Chris Benoit, among others.

Helms, a former WWE Cruiserweight champion, had most recently been teaming with Chavo Guerrero on the Smackdown brand. During his WWE tenure, he's most notably remembered as the Hurricane character on the Raw brand.

Source: PWInsider

2 cracked vertebrae? Yikes! Good luck with that!

legolas4792
05-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Damn that sucks i wonder how he got that

espnsportsboy
05-19-2007, 01:26 AM
another huge injury for helms again, that sucks