PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Abrams to Direct 11th Star Trek!

Stunner
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Paramount Pictures is breathing life into its "Star Trek" franchise by setting Mission: Impossible III helmer J.J. Abrams to produce and direct the 11th "Trek" feature, aiming for a 2008 release.

Variety says that Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk, Abrams' producing team from Lost, also will produce the yet-to-be-titled feature.

The project, to be written by Abrams and "M:i:III" screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, will center on the early days of seminal "Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer space mission.

Created by Gene Roddenberry, "Star Trek" has been Hollywood's most durable performer other than James Bond, spawning 10 features that have grossed more than $1 billion and 726 TV episodes from six series.

Abrams also created Alias, which ABC is wrapping up in May.

Source: Craveonline.com

Straight Edge
05-04-2006, 08:30 PM
J.J. Abrams lately is directing everything. He created Alias and Directed it, he created Lost and directs it too. And he's obviously directing MI3, i'm not a fan of Star Trek (mainly because it bores me to death) so it should be interesting