PDA

View Full Version : More On Recent WWE Firings, Stephanie, & More

AFC1986
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Out of all the releases in the past week or so (not including Ariel), hers wasn't planned ahead, Sabu had been on thin ice for quite some time. He had his job saved on at least one occasion thanks to Paul Heyman, and the general feeling was that he was only around because Heyman & RVD shielded him away from trouble, but with both of them gone (or in RVD's case, soon to be gone), he wasn't going to last much longer. Sabu showed up hours late, and as a mess, to the 5/15 taping in Baltimore. He was scheduled to put over Kevin Thorn on the show. He wasn't let go over refusing to do a job, but over being late and them feeling he wasn't in the condition to be put on television.

The WWE public relations department was told to get the word out like never before regarding Stephanie McMahon's new promotion, as she is being groomed as Vince McMahon's hand picked successor. The belief is that Vince is trying to show the stockholders that the future is on track even when he's no longer around.

i would rather see shane take over from vince as i think stephanie seems to be the sort of person who will fire someone on a whim which is not exactly good for business

Role Model
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
i would rather see shane take over from vince as i think stephanie seems to be the sort of person who will fire someone on a whim which is not exactly good for business

I agree that Vince should hand more power over to Shane because he seems like he has more intelligence towards it all and knows much more about it all and plus like you said, I don't believe he'll fire talent just because they don't fit in with the others like steph did with ariel.

Con
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, Shane should have more power of Steph because it seems like he has the mic skills, so he could be like Vince now - invloved in storylines.

Role Model
05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, Shane should have more power of Steph because it seems like he has the mic skills, so he could be like Vince now - invloved in storylines.

I think Steph could very take on that roll as she has done well on T.V. before. For example, when she was the gm of SD! or when with HHH. They're are both good at that role, which could help them both or hurt them both.

Role Model
05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry for the double post, my laptop froze.

Will
05-25-2007, 01:07 AM

A good on screen character is not enough to make a person deserve to run the company. Vince's job is basically just the head of creative at this point, which is job that Stephanie has been learning and moving up the ladder in for the last several years while Shane has not done anything or shown any desire to do anything.