PDA

View Full Version : New Referee Policy, Do Not Know Match Finishes

Dangerous Incorporated
05-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Wade Keller of the pwtorch is reporting that at house shows, referees are no longer aware of match finishes or when they are going to happen. This is a new experimental policy pushed by some unknown agents and members of the writing team. There is always the danger that this might cause matches to end when they are not supposed to due to the ref counting too fast.

Something that is also quite shocking is that they are increasingly telling wrestlers to have 8 minutes matches and then right before the entrances, telling them to go 15 minutes. (This is an example.) This is being done to see how wrestlers cope under pressure and to help bring their natural talent through, rather than planning to "get in all their shit."

In the big picture this is to make for more exciting matches and make it more intense. The general feeling backstage is that this is adding a fun aspect to house shows and inspiring the wrestlers to be more consistent in areas where they may get lazy such as lifting their shoulders off the mat.

I dont know whether this will work or not. Sounds interesting. I'd think things like Mickie James winning womens title @ house shows by accident etc to happen.

legolas4792
05-25-2007, 10:54 PM
sounds interesting it pushes both the wrestlers and the refs abilities

heartbreakkid
05-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanx 4 the info man!

I think this will be very benefitial for WWE. It will help them to identify actually who has got talent and who can think on their feet. Hop;efully this will mean that more good wrestlers are hired and given pushes.

Role Model
05-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I like both ideas here and believe it'll help WWE out a lot in many ways. I especially like the idea how refs will not no the outcome as its obvious when they are counting faster and trying to push the match along to that point, but now it should make it more interesting on both ends and especially with matches being longer it should make things 10x better then it has been lately.

Butoden
05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah thats actually pretty cool.