PDA

View Full Version : WWE Bans Two Moves, Upcoming RAW Note

bad_meetz_evil
05-28-2007, 08:03 PM
If you haven't noticed recently, WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 press. Paul London did a shooting star plancha at a recent show and was told by McMahon if he tried it again, he would fire him on the spot.

If you are attending the June 11th edition of RAW in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania make a note that the doors will be opening at 6:30 p.m. instead of 7:30. This RAW will feature the draft lottery special.

Sources - Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider

legolas4792
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
im suprised they didnt ban that move when Brock almost killed himself doing it. i guess i saw this coming

LionDen
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Havn't those moves been banned for over a year or something? Maybe they are just reinforcing the rule again. As for Brock, it is stupid having someone his size even try the move, doesn't matter how well he is focused, there is a reason why cruiserweights do them.

Flair Country
05-28-2007, 08:19 PM
This sounds pretty fimiliar...didn't this happen a couple of years ago with Paul London doing the Shooting Star Press? I could have sworn that McMahon told him to stop then, he got pissed at Vince, then they put him on Velocity for awhile.

Maybe my brain is just getting away from me at my old age. :)

XXKSXX
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that these moves are already banned. I think they should un banned them thou.

LionDen
05-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I think it was him Flair, about 6 - 12 months ago I think. I'v seen worse moves by Jeff Hardy etc, maybe Vince could make it so only a couple of wrestlers could do the moves.

There is a possibility Vince has been sued quietly with someone getting hurt doing these moves.

flamesoffury
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
shooting star press is way too dangerous for it to be allowed... the 450 imo is much easier to do and i would allow it only for special occasions.

Role Model
05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah, ever since Billy Kidman botched the Shooting Star that one time, they've banned the CW's from doing all high-risk moves, which really sucks because those moves are exciting to see.

Con
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I think it was him Flair, about 6 - 12 months ago I think. I'v seen worse moves by Jeff Hardy etc, maybe Vince could make it so only a couple of wrestlers could do the moves.

There is a possibility Vince has been sued quietly with someone getting hurt doing these moves.

Yeah, maybe they can only let a few select wrestlers do it.

I think that the DDT and Piledriver is banned, but they let Kane and Undertaker use the Piledriver, so why not make an exception to veterans like Jeff Hardy?