PDA

View Full Version : Edge Not Helping The Ratings For WWE SmackDown, ECW Plans

bad_meetz_evil
05-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Apparently someone for the USA Network suggested to WWE to use another celebrity to help spike the ratings. It was noted that WWE had success using both Kevin Federline and Donald Trump.

Speaking of ratings, there was a lot of frustration internally when the 5/11 Smackdown rating came in. This was the show that featured Edge winning the world title, a title switch plugged on WWE television and on the company's web site.

Dusty Rhodes has suggested that ECW be used as a youth oriented show, basically the final level of developmental. ECW head writer Dave Lagana is in favor of staying the course.

Source: PWMania

legolas4792
05-29-2007, 10:48 PM
that is dumb celebrities should be kept out of wrestling especially trump and kfed

Anti-Cena
05-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm surprised Edge didn't boost the ratings.....I guess everyone who likes Cena tuned out for that episode of Smackdown....therefore making the ratings fall :p

Role Model
05-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Like I said in another thread, WWE really should not rely on these celebs to earn them ratings because it's not going to help the fact that they need to work with their wrestlers and get them up to potentail to earn them ratings. If WWE were to worry about that more then maybe they wouldn't be in this same situation.

Plus, SD! is killing for injuries right now so they shouldn't be putting so much pressure on Edge to bring in all the ratings. It's going to be sometime before SD! is getting very high ratings but until then they just need to relax.