Big E has not wrestled a match since March 2022 due to his neck injury but he is still hopeful about potentially making an in-ring return somewhere down the line.

The former WWE Champion recently had a conversation with Sports Talk Philly where he discussed things such as his partnership with Pancheros, the recent troubles of the New Day, the success of The Rock and more.

During the talk, E was asked if there has been any improvement in his status since his injury. The wrestling veteran explained that it’s hard to judge because he doesn’t face any trouble in his day-to-day life. He went on to reveal that he underwent stem cell therapy about three months ago:

“I did go down to a beautiful place called RejuvStem in Cancun, and got some stem cells, so we’ll see. That was about three months ago, so we’ll see how that looks and if there’s any progress there.”

Big E mentioned how he has things going on outside the wrestling world as well and he’ll be content if he is never able to wrestle again. Though he has not lost hope for a comeback either and he continues to be in touch with doctors who monitor his status:

“I get scans again in another three-to-six months, and if they look great and the doctors say it’s healthy for me to go back, then that’s something where we’ll sit down and talk about it.”

The New Day star broke his neck while wrestling in a tag team match on the March 11, 2022 episode of SmackDown. He has continued his relationship with WWE in a non-wrestling capacity, making appearances at PPVs and other big events as part of the pre-show panels.