The wrestling world is mourning the loss of Scott Henson after the independent wrestler's tragically young death at the age of 40.

News of Henson's passing was shared by Canadian Apex Wrestling on Facebook on June 16, 2024. In their statement, they acknowledged Henson's status as a Tag Team Champion for the promotion and shared their condolences to those who knew him.

”Canadian Apex Wrestling is deeply saddened to announce the passing of one of our Tag Team Champions and beloved friend, Scott Henson. Our hearts are heavy with grief, and we extend our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Scott, your impact on the Pacific Northwest wrestling community is immeasurable. You were a driving force behind the careers of many, and your contributions often went unnoticed. We love you, Scott, and your absence leaves a void that words cannot express. You will be profoundly missed.”

On Twitter/X, Henson's long-time tag team partner Sarian Soft Paws shared a lengthy tribute to Scott, an extract reads:

"Today was the first day I woke up knowing I didn’t have my tag team partner, my best friend, the funniest, most outrageous and ridiculous person I’ve ever met in my life. I spent almost 24 hours straight with you and in the very few hours after we parted ways, you were gone."

Henson began his career in October 2002 and worked for various promotions across Canada and the U.S. As part of his 'Big Cat' gimmick, Henson wore gloves that resembled parks and would squeeze his hands to look like paws and fans would replicate the gesture.

Outside of the ring, Henson was an active podcaster and gamer and hosted the The Worst Year of Our Lives podcast with Sarian. It is unclear what the future holds for Candian Apex Wrestling but this has been a huge loss for those involved.