LuFisto has a very scary opponent and it's not someone in the wrestling ring. The independent wrestling star took to social media to share a picture of herself in the hospital, noting that she is shockingly dealing with a flesh-eating disease.

"Long story short, I’ve been in intensive care since yesterday and looks like I’ll be there for a few days. Now fighting against some flesh-eating bacteria. I’m tired. I’d like to have a break, please."

LuFisto recently underwent surgery over the past few days has been dealing with feet pain and swelling. On June 9, she was curious as to why either hasn't decreased since then and the flesh-eating bacteria may likely be the culprit.

Despite being on the shelf, LuFisto has been proactive in her pro wrestling viewing. Even as recently as Friday evening, LuFisto was watching SmackDown from her hospital bed. LuFisto gave some high praise to the women at NXT Battleground, noting how impressed she was with Shayna Baszler and was super happy to see the growth of Roxanne Perez. She made mention of the time when they both worked together in ROH.

"What an evolution from watching her at Ring of Honor to being NXT Champion."

LuFisto has been active on the independent wrestling scene for years and has been outspoken in her opinion on the wrestling business. She created some buzz back in 2023 by making claims that the AEW locker cultivated a toxic locker room environment. This prompted several AEW names to defend the company and the culture backstage.