Steve Austin is high on LA Knight and thinks he can be a major player for WWE.

Knight had originally been under contract with WWE NXT from October 2013 through May 2014. He then went to Impact Wrestling, where he established himself as a star under the Eli Drake name. He had been working for the NWA before joining WWE for a second stint in February 2021.

Since arriving on the main roster as a member of the WWE SmackDown roster with his Max Dupri gimmick that was used as a lower card act only to return to the Knight character, he has worked with several wrestlers, including a feud with Bray Wyatt.

On a recent edition of SmackDown, he lost to Xavier Woods, who earned the right to challenge for the WWE Intercontinental Title next. Woods got that championship match on last week’s episode of SmackDown against GUNTHER, with GUNTHER going over to retain the title.

While speaking to WrestleRant, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin talked about LA Knight's potential in WWE.

“I said, ‘hey man, make sure your cardio is supreme’ and I said ‘just go do you’. So that guy can talk a blue streak. He’s a great worker. He’s got a good look, good energy. So I think he’s doing great. I think he can ascend to a higher level, and I think he will. So I think the guy’s doing awesome.”