Rossy Ogawa was pleased to have the encouragement of WWE CCO Paul 'Triple H' Levesque, who helped push him into creating the Marigold Wrestling promotion.

Marigold was announced in April 2024 and held its first event in May. The promotion is the latest creation from Ogawa who was founded STARDOM and ran the company until his termination earlier this year. Ogawa was fired by STARDOM's parent company Bushiroad over allegations he was poaching talent for a new promotion.

While Ogawa denied the claim that he was trying to coax talent away from STARDOM, some of the promotion's top stars have since joined Marigold. Speaking to NumberWeb, Ogawa recalled a meeting with Levesque in late 2023 and the encouragement he received from WWE's CCO.

"Triple H told me, 'I want to help you with whatever you want to do, whether it's with Stardom or as a solo artist.' He gave me the push I needed."

For the 67-year-old Ogawa, forming a new promotion would be a huge move. Ultimately though, he was ready for the change after feeling like he and STARDOM were no longer on the same page.

"I was starting to feel uncomfortable at Stardom... I couldn't show my true potential. I was like a decoration, told to just sit here."

It was with Triple H's push that Marigold was launched, and the new promotion and WWE are expected to work together. At WWE NXT Stand and Deliver, Ogawa appeared in the crowd alongside Marigold's top prospect (and STARDOM alum) Giulia.

Giulia is set to compete a handful of times for Marigold, even after she officially joins the WWE NXT roster. Ogawa is also hopeful that collaboration with WWE will result in IYO SKY and Kairi Sane (both of whom he's worked with before) appearing at Marigold events.