The rivalry between WWE superstars CM Punk and Drew McIntyre has reached a new level. On June 15, McIntyre challenged Damian Priest for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Clash At The Castle in Glasgow, Scotland.

'The Scottish Warrior' came close to reclaiming the title in his home country. However, Punk returned to low blow McIntyre for Priest to retain his championship. After the match, 'The Straight Edge Superstar' attended the Clash At The Castle post-show to explain why he interfered in the main event.

Punk shared that his issues with McIntyre don't stem from his rival injuring him at the Royal Rumble on January 27.

"...I'm not mad that I was injured. Accidents happen. It's a full-contact sport, you know? We're athletes. Stuff goes wrong all the time, and I would never wish injury on another athlete, no matter how much I dislike them," said Punk.

Punks continued talking about his problems with McIntyre and revealed that he takes issues with the Scottish native gloating about hurting him. He added that he hopes Priest and McIntyre are okay after their grueling match for the world title.

However, Punk admitted that he plans to ensure that McIntyre will never win a championship while he is around.

"...The animosity comes from being gleeful about it. He said he prayed for it. Now I'm going to prey on him, and he's never going to ever be a champion as long as I live. Not as long we are on the same brand. Not as long as we are in the same company. As long as there is air in my lungs, Drew McIntyre is never, and I promise you," said Punk.

'The Straight Edge Superstar' mentioned that his promise would hold up compared to McIntyre's promise to win the championship to his wife and wished his rival's wife was doing okay. That said, Punk clarified that he would continue to break 'The Scottish Warrior' dream moving forward.