Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Aug 23, 2024

Harris claims Trump 'easy to manipulate'

Moving on to foreign policy, Kamala Harris claimed Donald Trump was susceptible to “manipulation” by foreign, autocratic leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

“They know he is easy to manipulate with flattery and favours,” she said.

“They know Trump won’t hold autocrats accountable, because he wants to be an autocrat himself.

“As president, I will never waver in defence of America’s security and ideals, because in the enduring struggle between democracy and tyranny, I know where I stand and I know where the US belongs.”

“Everywhere I go, and everyone I meet, I see a nation that is ready to move forward,” she said.

“Ready for the next step in the incredible journey that is America. I see an American where we hold fast to the fearless belief that built our nation and inspired the world.

“An America where we care for one another, look out for one another, and recognise that we have so much more in common than what separates us. None of us, none of us has to fail for all of us to succeed. And in unity, there is strength.

“Our opponents in this race are out there every day denigrating America. Talking about how terrible everything is. Well, my mother had another lesson she used to teach: never let anyone tell you who you are. You show them who you are.

“America, let us show each other, and the world, who we are and what we stand for: freedom, opportunity, compassion, dignity, fairness and endless possiblities.

“We are the heirs to the greatest democracy in the history of the world. And on behalf of our children, and our grandchildren, and all those who sacrificed so dearly for our freedom, we must be worthy of this moment. It is now our turn to do what generations before us have done.

“To fight for this country we love, to fight for the ideals we cherish, and to uphold the awesome responsibility that comes with the greatest privilege on earth: the privilege and pride of being an American. So let’s get out there, let’s fight for it.

“Together, let us write the next great chapter in the most extraordinary story ever told.”

Aug 23, 2024

'We're doing well!': Trump responds to Harris

Donald Trump called into Fox News after Kamala Harris’s speech.

“Let me ask you this, sir. There has been huge appeal and momentum for women voters. She’s trying to pull the youth vote, the Hispanic vote, the black vote back in her direction. Polls show she’s having some success. So what are you going to do?” host Martha MacCallum asked him.

“No, she’s not having success. I’m having success,” Mr Trump shot back.

“I’m doing great with Hispanic voters. I’m doing great with black men. I’m doing great with women, because women want safety. They want safety. And they don’t have safety when they have someone allowing 20 million people into our country, many of them very dangerous people.

“No, it’s only in your eyes that they have that, Martha. We’re doing very well in the polls, and in the swing states, we’re winning in almost every one of them.”

There are, by most estimates, about 12 million undocumented migrants in the US at the moment. It’s unclear where Mr Trump’s “20 million” figure came from.

“She’s going to give a tax increase of four to five times what people and companies are paying now,” Mr Trump claimed.

“She didn’t talk about crime. She didn’t talk about 70 per cent of our people living in poverty.”

Again, it is unclear where these numbers come from.

Ms Harris proposes raising America’s corporate tax rate from its current level, 21 per cent, to 28 per cent. And the current US poverty rate is 11.5 per cent – too high, without a doubt, but not quite 70 per cent.

During Ms Harris’s speech, Mr Trump went on something of a posting spree on his social media network, Truth Social, at some points posting more than once per minute.

“There will be no future under Comrade Kamala Harris, because she will take us into a Nuclear World War III. She will never be respected by the Tyrants of the World!” he said in one such post.

“She didn’t mention China, she didn’t mention fracking, she didn’t mention Energy, she didn’t mention, Meaningfully, Russia and Ukraine, she didn’t mention the big subjects of the day that are destroying our Country.

“SHE HAS LED US INTO FAILING NATION STATUS!”

Some of that is true. Ms Harris did, however, mention Ukraine in her speech.

“I helped mobilise a global response, over 50 countries, to defend against Putin’s aggression,” she said.

“And as president, I will stand strong with Ukraine and our NATO allies.”

Here’s a sample of some other posts from Mr Trump.

“She talks about other Countries’ Borders, but nothing about our Borders!”

“She stands for Incompetence and Weakness – Our Country is being laughed at all over the World!”

“The Tyrants are laughing at her, she’s weak and ineffective, and for three-and-a-half years she has done nothing except enabled them to get STRONG, RICH and POWERFUL!”

“She caused the attack of October 7th. Iran was BROKE – Didn’t have money for Hezbollah!”

“SHE HATES ISRAEL – Wouldn’t even show up to Congress for Netanyahu’s session!”

That last one is true – Ms Harris did not attend Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to Congress a month ago, though she could have in her capacity as President of the US Senate. Nor did Senator J.D. Vance, whom Mr Trump has chosen to be his vice president.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123