Vince McMahon has publicly voiced his disappointment with a Netflix documentary that chronicles his life and career. In a statement, McMahon expressed regret over the documentary’s portrayal of him, specifically criticizing how it conflates his wrestling persona, “Mr. McMahon,” with his true self.

According to McMahon, the producers missed an opportunity to provide an objective, well-rounded account of his life and the business empire he built. He claims the final product distorts reality, using selective editing, outdated soundbites, and out-of-context footage to mislead viewers. McMahon argues that these editorial choices were designed to create a deceptive narrative.

He further highlights how the documentary references a past lawsuit and an affair in a misleading way, reinforcing the misconception that his “Mr. McMahon” character is an accurate reflection of who he is.

McMahon hopes viewers will approach the film with an open mind, urging them to remember that there are two sides to every story.

McMahon writes, “I don’t regret participating in this Netflix documentary. The producers had an opportunity to tell an objective story about my life and the incredible business I built, which were equally filled with excitement, drama, fun, and a fair amount of controversy and life lessons. Unfortunately, based on an early partial cut I’ve seen, this doc falls short and takes the predictable path of conflating the “Mr. McMahon” character with my true self, Vince. The title and promos alone make that evident.

A lot has been misrepresented or left out entirely in an effort to leave viewers intentionally confused. The producers use typical editing tricks with out of context footage and dated soundbites etc. to distort the viewers’ perception and support a deceptive narrative.

In an attempt to further their misleading account, the producers use a lawsuit based on an affair I ended as evidence that I am, in fact, “Mr. McMahon.”

I hope the viewer will keep an open mind and remember that there are two sides to every story.”