CM Punk recently recalled backstage confusion surrounding his entrance ahead of his shocking return at last year’s Survivor Series: WarGames PLE.

The Second City Savior’ showed up in WWE after nine long years at the PLE which took place in his hometown, Chicago, IL. The former WWE Champion recently joined O’Shea Jackson Jr. and T.J. Jefferson on No-Contest Wrestling podcast and discussed chaos in the final moments before walking out through the curtains.

He revealed that Chief Content Officer Triple H told him to walk to the cages. However, Punk got confused if he meant the cages on the ramp or the WarGames cages. He added how he was overwhelmed by the crowd reception and said that he wasn’t sure what to do and lost his composure. He recalled:

“But there was just so many people there, and then, I don’t know what to do. I absolutely lose my composure (because) all I know is I’m coming out. But, I don’t know what the set looks like, I don’t know if there’s a ramp. I’m literally in the dark, and so I’m trying to talk to Triple H over the table, and it’s so loud and there’s so many people and they hit my music and I’m like, ‘I don’t know what I’m doing. What am I doing?’ And he’s like, ‘Go out and walk down to the cage.’ And I’m like, ‘Go out and walk all the way down to the cage!?’ And he was trying to tell me that there was two cages for the babyfaces and the heels for WarGames and he wanted me to walk down and stand in-between there. So in my head, I’m like, I’m marching all the way to the cage and he’s like, ‘No!’ My music’s playing, and we’re going back-and-forth and I’m like, we’re both freaking out. He went, ‘No!’ And he rips his headset off and I’m like, ‘Oh God! What are we doing!?’”

However, things fell into place and Punk created one of the most historic moments in the company.

“Obviously, we figured it out… The chaos backstage, brother. I mean, it’s the last minute… There’s so much stuff going on back there and they film everything now so I’m sure someday we’re gonna see a lot of cool stuff. It was just such a great moment and I love that chaos and that uncertainty again. I was like, man, I could just drink it up all day.”

CM Punk is currently involved in a heated rivalry with Drew McIntyre and they will collide inside the demonic structure of Hell In A Cell at this week’s WWE Bad Blood 2024 which is set to take place on October 5, 2024.