WWE Hall of Famer Jesse Ventura is officially back with the company. The former Governor of Minnesota has signed a WWE Legends contract and is looking ahead to some fun projects in the near future. Ventura posted a video on his Substack page explaining why he’s back with WWE after two decades.

“Hell has frozen over. Yes, hell has frozen over. I’m back in the WWE as a legend, I’ve gone through negotiations, we’ve reached agreements and I feel very good about. I’m 73 years old now and my life has gone full circle.”

Ventura says he earned his first fame and fortune in the wrestling industry, and although he achieved success in Hollywood and in politics, he likes the idea of coming back to wrestling in the twilight of his life and finishing things off as a pro wrestler.

Jesse Ventura was an active wrestler for WWE (then known as the World Wrestling Federation) from 1984 to 1986, but was forced to retire from the ring due to health issues. He served as an announcer from 1985 through 1990.

WWE Legends contracts honor former wrestlers who have made significant contributions to the company. These contracts ensuring post-retirement income for alumni and Hall of Famers, while also allowing WWE to utilize their likenesses for merchandise and promotional activities.