Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Default The Pope Says "Who Remembers Elijah Burke?"

In a recent chat with The Sun's wrestling journalist Rob McNichol, TNA star The Pope talks about the differences between TNA and WWE, his change of character and more.

Below are some highlights:

[Credit: The Sun Online]:

The Pope On The Creation Of His Character:

"Some characters are indeed most successful when one's personality is turned up. I don't think that's a cliché. I think it's the truth. It's legit.

"Then again, you do have some characters that are out there and the person is the total opposite of it, but they get over as well.

"It all comes down to the promoting of one's character. That doesn't just involve the person themselves, but it involves the company, as well, that the individual is wrestling for.

"That plays a big part in what works and what doesn't work.

"You watch the company up north and they will take a character and shove it down your throat. They tell you 'this is what we want to work so you're going to cheer or you're going to boo'.

"Who remembers Elijah Burke but a diehard fan?"

The Pope On TNA President Dixie Carter:

"Our boss Dixie Carter, she is travelling with us. She's still doing the same things she does in the States.

"If she's in a bad mood you'd never know it. That's the kind of thing that separates TNA from any other wrestling organisation.

"We have a personal boss, who is very personable with each and every one of her employees, she's always making the rounds to be just as personable with the fans as he is with the employees. Kudos to Dixie."

The Pope On His Feud With Samoa Joe:

"You got Pope - I mean, you got POPE - then you got Joe. You got the Samoan Submission Machine, the guy is a monster in the ring, with his aggression and everything.

"Pope will handle all the juckin' and jivin', pimpin' and the ridin'. Pope will handle all the talking, the charismatic features and abilities that should be applied in the ring. Pope is going to handle all the showboating.

"Joe's going to handle the rest.

"I think it's going to be a great complement to each other, being that we're both so different."

Smash Wrestling

On the bench!

I remember elijah bourke! but pope is way better

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ I always liked him. An underrated wrestler, Burke or Pope doesn't matter