Giulia was injured week while wrestling on the inaugural card for Rossy Ogawa's new Marigold promotion. On Monday, May 20, Giulia teamed with Utami Hayashashita at the Marigold Fields Forever event against NXT alum Sareee and Bozilla. Giulia's team took the loss but the real story is that Giulia fractured her right wrist.

The injury will force her to cancer her upcoming matches, including the upcoming Hana Kimura tribute show. She's still scheduled to face Sareee at Marigold's Summer Destiny event on July 13, but we'll see how her recovery goes. A statement by Marigold reads:

"Giulia’s right wrist was injured in yesterday's inaugural match. Today, her doctor examined her and diagnosed her with a fracture. Unfortunately she will miss the Hana Kimura show on the 23rd, and upcoming shows for the time being. We apologize and thank you for understanding."

Giulia appeared at Japanese fighting sports memorabilia store Toudoukan and delivered the following message (translated):

"Today was Giulia's first event at Todoukan! I'm really happy that there were so many people, and it seems like it sold out in the fastest time in Weekly Pro history. I also came to Todoukan for the first time... it's amazing! I hope that Giulia's prize that was won in the lottery today will be lined up here someday! Yes, I would like to visit again! Thank you! Arrivederci! See you!"

This injury is a significant setback for Giulia, who was poised to help get Marigold off the ground before testing her skills in WWE. The Japanese sensation appeared at NXT Stand & Deliver 2024 alongside Ogawa, her first appearance for the company.

Giulia is (or potentially was) expected to make her in-ring debut for WWE at the upcoming NXT Heatwave event held on July 7. Not only that, but she is expected to compete in a championship match at the show, either the NXT Women's Championship or the NXT Women's North American Championship. All of these plans, however, now hinge on her condition and it remains to be seen whether her arrival in WWE will have to be delayed.