Rob Van Dam may have been on SmackDown this past Friday, but he wasn’t feeling blue and says Cody Rhodes is a positive proponent in the new WWE.

‘Mr. Monday Night’ was ‘Mr. Friday Night’ SmackDown as he and his wife Katie Forbes attended the premiere episode of the USA Network. Van Dam was all over the arena on Friday hanging out with fellow legends, meeting up with Triple H, but also ran into ‘The American Nightmare’ Cody Rhodes.

Speaking with me on “1 Of A Kind With RVD,” Van Dam said he and Forbes actually hung out by Rhodes’ tour bus. Cody apparently had a set-up like a camp out by his bus with fold out chairs. Rhodes happened to pass by on more than one occassion before his big WWE Title match against Solo Sikoa.

“Me and Katie hung out there for awhile and he came by a few times and just was like super cool and even gave us a bottle of vodka. He was just really cool.”

Van Dam added that Dustin Rhodes has always been really cool and making everyone laugh. He recalled a time when Dustin would do a “vomit” trick with passerby's, but RVD would no-sell it.

Before RVD changed subjects, he noted how different the WWE dressing room was from the days of his past. Earlier in the show Rob mentioned that there was a refreshing energy with the company and Van Dam reiterated that by running into Cody.

“Cody definitely was part of that vibe … in general the boys don’t look so tired anymore, you know? They look legitimately happy to be there, happy to be part of something, having fun and it used to be a different kind of vibe of a long drawn out day of tired people while trying to get to the end of the day and it didn’t ring true to that so much this time and I’ve heard a lot of people tell me, ‘Oh, you just gotta see how it’s changed,’ but I gotta say, they wasn’t lying.”

You can catch new episodes of “1 Of A Kind With RVD” every Monday at 4:20 PM ET.