At 24, Skye Blue has already become one of the most popular stars in AEW. Since jumping into professional wrestling in 2017, Blue has shown to be wise beyond her years in terms of in-ring psychology and mic skills. While AEW fans first got to know her bubbly and fun-loving character, they have become much more accustomed to her more intense and darker persona since turning heel in December 2023.

In a recent interview with Fox32 Chicago, alongside her partner, ROH TV Champion Kyle Fletcher, Blue discussed her wrestling journey and how she got her start. Blue explained that her parents had been wrestling fans for a long time, and their initial concerns about her interest in the industry actually motivated her to pursue her wrestling career.

"So my parents have been fans my whole life, so I kinda grew up watching it...We were watching a hardcore match and - she's gonna yell at me for telling this story - but my mom was like "you're not gonna do that one day right?" and I was like "now I have to prove you wrong, I'm going to do to it. And here we are 8 years later and she still sits front row and freaks out every time I do it."

Skye Blue's most recent match took place on the May 29th edition of AEW Dynamite, when she took on TBS Champion Mercedes Moné in a losing effort for her championship.