AEW veteran commentator Jim Ross recently provided an encouraging update on his health.

Last month, JR revealed that he was rushed to the emergency room due to shortness of breath. The health issue kept him away from AEW Double Or Nothing pay-per-view. During the latest edition of Grilling JR podcast, Ross revealed that while he was traveling back home, he started to fall ill. Good Ol' JR divulged that he contracted a virus that led to shortness of breath. He had to stay in the hospital but he is now recuperating well.

"I’m good. I’m getting better every day. Well, I’m in Oklahoma. So that’s good for me. I flew out here about two weeks ago, thinking that it was time to come home and evaluate everything. But on the way here, I contracted a virus, which was not cool. So the guy that helps me here and runs my website, Steven Link, he picked me up and brought me home. I was feeling really bad, I don’t know why. So we went to the emergency medical thing, and they admitted me to the hospital right away, so that was kind of scary.

"I stayed in the hospital here in Oklahoma for three nights, I think it was, which is never any fun. I was diagnosed as having I think they call it virus A or something along those lines. So I struggled a little bit for three days, but I got over the hump, as I always do. Seems like I always kick out. Can’t do any jobs, not in Oklahoma. That’s like [Jerry] Lawler getting beat in Memphis, it just don’t happen. So anyway, I stayed in the hospital for a few days."

JR has revealed that he is feeling better and his health has improved. He said that he previously required an oxygen unit but doesn't need it anymore. It seems that Ross is planning to make his return to the AEW commentary desk at the upcoming AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door later this month. He said:

“I got out of the hospital, obviously. I’m not there now, and feeling better. So it was a viral thing. I wasn’t prepared for it, quite frankly. I had to get on oxygen, I had an oxygen unit in my home. Still do, I haven’t been using it. I don’t need it. So I had a little challenge, but that’s the way it is. The thing you have to realize is, you just gotta understand that getting older comes with a price. Anyway, I’m battling. I feel good, actually.

I’ve got some appearances coming up. Next time I’m going on the road will be for this AEW pay-per-view, so I’m gonna resume my schedule of that activity. So I’ll be at the next pay-per-view, as far as I know. If Tony Khan doesn’t want me there, then he’ll tell me. But that’s not been the case. He’s been very supportive, which I appreciate. He’s ended up being a really good boss in that respect, and I appreciate that. He doesn’t have to be as nice to me as he is, but he’s very nice, and I’m very appreciative."

Jim Ross has battled skin cancer in the past. Earlier this year, he also confirmed the news of his surgery on his right hip. Despite the bouts with health issues, Good Ol' JR has remained dedicated to his work as a commentator in AEW. He also recently inked a new deal with the promotion. However, he might be slowing down his career soon.