Jey Uso has teased that The Bloodline story may be going in a different direction than fans are expecting after the return of Roman Reigns to WWE programming.

Solo Sikoa has taken over the role of The Tribal Chief after Reigns’ WrestleMania 40 loss to Cody Rhodes. He has since introduced a number of new members of the esteemed Anoa’i family to WWE programming.

Fans have been expecting to see Roman reuniting the old Bloodline with The Usos and Sami Zayn to take on this new threat after his return at SummerSlam.

Jey Uso was asked about the progression of the story and where he fits into it during an interview with Metro. He claimed that he doesn’t know what the plans are:

“I’m looking forward to the Bloodline storyline as much as you all are, because I’ll be honest, I don’t know what we’re going to do, I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

Defying the expectations, Roman Reigns so far has made no attempts to reconcile with his old partners. He has instead found an unlikely ally in Cody Rhodes for the Bad Blood match against Solo and Jacob Fatu.

In the wake of the Survivor Series: WarGames event set for November 30; many are expecting to see him back on screen with his former allies soon.

The Yeet Man however is not sure if it will be natural for him to go back in light of the progression he has made as a singles star. He instead believes that the Original Tribal Chief could find the help he needs from other members of the family:

“I don’t know how we how they’re going to intertwine me back in there… Sami would be my first pick, right? It only makes sense. Hey, we might have other family members, more surprises, man!”

Roman Reigns leading a completely new group of Anoa’i family members is certainly a proposition that fits with the booking philosophy of focusing on new stars that WWE has adapted since Triple H took over as a booker.

There is no shortage of potential soldiers he can find in his family and names such as Zilla Fatu and Thamiko Fatu have already captured people’s eyes as potential future stars for the promotion.