Booker T has revealed that his current contract with WWE is about to end soon. Appearing at the River City Wrestling Convention on Saturday, June 8, Booker said that he is looking to “get a little more” once his contract is up. He also mentioned NXT and how much fun he is having working for the brand as a color commentator.

“I think (wrestling) is about having fun more than anything, especially the NXT brand,” Booker said. “If you’re watching it and you’re listening to me, we’re having fun, we’re winning.” (via F4WOnline)

Booker added that NXT is “hot” right now and members of the roster are trying to take it “to that next level.” The five-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion stated that he if could have any contribution in helping the NXT roster go to that level, he could have some fun with it.

Regarding his contract with WWE coming up, here’s what he said:

“Contract should be coming up here soon and, you know, like Sexyy Red says, ‘shake it real fast, get a little more.’”

The WWE Hall of Famer is quite fond of NXT, where he has been commentating since October 2022. Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker said that he wished NXT was around the time when he got into wrestling.

"It's something special to watch these young guys grow up that way. I can only wish that I would've/could've had that kind of experience growing up in the business. It's a great system for these young guys to actually be able to springboard."

Booker T is without question one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time. He has held 21 titles in WCW, including being the first African American wrestler to hold the WCW World Television Championship. In his fifth WCW Championship reign, he became the second African American wrestler after The Rock to do so in WWF at the time.