WWE Hall of Famer Rob Van Dam made a surprise return on the September 13, episode of SmackDown, as part of the blue brand’s premiere on the USA Network. Interestingly, The Whole F’n Show” has made sporadic appearances in AEW since last year, despite being under a WWE Legends deal.

On the February 21, episode of AEW Dynamite, Van Dam teamed up with ‘Hangman’ Adam Page and HOOK to face Samoa Joe, Swerve Strickland, and Brian Cage. His most recent AEW match took place on the April 20 edition of AEW Collision where he won a four-way elimination match against Isiah Kassidy, Lee Johnson, and Komander.

In a recent interview on the Cheap Heat Productions Podcast, Rob Van Dam confirmed that despite his AEW appearances, he is under a WWE Legends deal. The former WWE & ECW Champion added that this deal will naturally limit his involvement with AEW.

“The first time that I talked to Tony Khan about doing this (working with AEW), a factor was that I still have a WWE Legends deal. So, my use to AEW would be limited as far as they can’t put me on video games, action figures, stuff like that and so, you could say it’s limited on both ends or you could say I got both ends going, best of both worlds or you could just say RVD does whatever he wants.”

Rob Van Dam joins a growing list of wrestling legends, including DDP, Victoria, Jesse ‘The Body’ Ventura, and Armando Estrada, who have recently signed WWE Legends contracts. Fans are eager to see when the high-flying icon will make his next WWE appearance.