Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes is feeling worse for wear after a brutal ambush during the June 21, edition of WWE SmackDown.

In the main event, Rhodes battled Solo Sikoa but outside interference resulted in the match being thrown out. After the bout, Jacob Fatu made his WWE debut, laying out Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, and Rhodes, the latter of whom was sent through a table.

Appearing at a WWE live event in Bloomington, Illinois, Rhodes retained the Undisputed WWE Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura in the show's main event. After the match, Rhodes addressed the attack from SmackDown and revealed the extent of his injuries.

"A little scoop for you Bloomington, last night I did break two of my ribs. And the thought [backstage] was 'Well, you can take off Bloomington, you can take off Kalamazoo. You can even take off next Friday where the story began in 1978, New York City' And my answer to that was emphatically, 100% 'Hell No!'"

Judging by this week's SmackDown as well as what happened in Glasgow, Scotland, it's clear that The Bloodline is not finished with Cody Rhodes. According to reports, fans can expect Rhodes' newfound issues with this revamped Bloodline to continue for months to come.

One name that fans seemingly shouldn't expect to see in this matter is Roman Reigns. On this week's SmackDown, Paul Heyman said it was important for Solo Sikoa to keep Rhodes 'in check' for the return of the Tribal Chief. Sikoa fired back by claiming Reigns is never coming back to WWE.