The nation of Canada is home to countless talented pro-wrestlers, but Kenny Omega stands above the rest as far as Bryan Danielson is concerned.

All Elite Wrestling has hosted its most recent events north of the border with Omega making a return during the May 1, show at the Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg. When speaking to Hockey Night in Canada, Danielson was asked for his favorite Canadian wrestler.

"Gosh! I would have to say, this is going to be controversial. Kenny Omega. When you watch him, he's hurt right now, he's one of the most fantastic wrestlers you'll ever see."

When it was brought up that many will feel Bret Hart is more deserving of the accolade, Bryan was quick to share his respect for the Hit Man.

"It's going to be controversial. I mean I'm a huge Bret Hart fan. But when you watch Kenny Omega... Love Bret Hart, love the Hart Family... but when you look at Kenny Omega, his best stuff is just incredible.”

Danielson's appreciation for Omega is hardly a secret. When the former WWE World Champion joined AEW, he wasted no time in selecting Omega as his first opponent. The duo faced off at AEW Grand Slam 2021 to a time-limit draw. The pair have traded wins in multi-man matches since then at AEW Dynamite's second-anniversary show in 2021 and Double or Nothing 2023.

It remains to be seen if fans will see Danielson face Omega one more time. The American Dragon is currently in his final year as a full-time talent but intends to continue resting after 2024. Omega is currently out of action with diverticulitis and there's no word on when he'll be back in the ring.