Wheeler Yuta has said that Claudio Castagnoli’s attack on AEW World Champion Bryan Danielson reminds him of his aunt, who passed away due to COVID-19 complications before AEW All Out.

In a backstage interview with Lexi Nair on last night’s AEW Collision, Yuta addressed Blackpool Combat Club members Jon Moxley and Castagnoli’s attack on Danielson at last week’s AEW All Out. Yuta said that he could not believe BCC’s actions.

During the attack, Yuta was held back by PAC and the former had to helplessly watch them put a plastic bag around the World Champion’s head to suffocate him. Yuta stated that while watching Danielson getting attacked, he imagined how his aunt had to struggle to find breath in her final moments. He said:

“It was really rough day for me Saturday. Before the show, I found out that my aunt in Japan had passed away. She passed away from the complications due to COVID-19 and I just kinda know that in her last moments, she was struggling to find breath. That’s really all I could think about when I watch that happen to Bryan[Danielson].”

The former ROH Pure Champion said that ‘The American Dragon’ was doing the best he could. However, Yuta didn’t share details out of respect for Danielson and his family. He also opened up about Blackpool Combat Club members and said that he hasn’t spoken to them since the incident.

Bryan Danielson will face his longtime rival Nigel McGuinness at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam on September 25th at Arthur Ashe Stadium. While it was speculated that ‘The American Dragon’ would be unable to compete, it has been clarified that he will indeed compete at the show, facing his arch-rival.