Ricky Starks hasn’t been seen seen on AEW television since march, leaving fans to wonder about his future with the promotion. Last month, Starks clarified that he’s healthy and hasn’t turned down any creative pitches to get him back in the mix.

Starks did a virtual signing with Highspots this week and responded to a question about the possibility of him jumping to WWE when his AEW contract expires. He laughed and said he takes the speculation as a compliment.

“Honestly, it’s so sweet that people would say that. I think it’s a compliment. It’s great to know people care about me that much.”

The former AEW FTW Champion has attended several WWE events over the past year, as the personal guest of Cody Rhodes. He was spotted backstage at the 2024 Royal Rumble, and was at WrestleMania 40 to see the American Nightmare ‘Finish His Story’ back in April.

Starks reiterated that he’s perfectly healthy, ready to get back in the ring, but being sidelined is out of his control.

“No, I’m not out of action due to injury. I’m healthy. I’m of sound mind and body. I’m capable of wrestling, it’s just not up to me.

I wish I had an answer as to why I’m not on television. I’m healthy and ready to get back in the ring. I’m in shape, always have been. Sometimes, it just isn’t up to me, I guess.””

He concluded by expressing his commitment to finding a way to get back to wrestling, feeling that he owed fans some explanation for his absence.