Mike Tyson's request was approved by the commission.

Mike Tyson made a rule request ahead of his fight against Jake Paul that was approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.

Tyson is set to return to the professional arena when he faces Paul on November 15 following the postponement of their summer date.

The boxing legend was forced to withdraw from their July showdown after suffering an ulcer flare on a flight that required urgent medical attention.

It will be his first pro bout since his shock defeat to Ireland's Kevin McBride back in June 2005.

Despite Paul vs. Tyson being a pro bout, it will be contested over eight two-minute rounds opposed to the traditional three-minute rounds.

That alteration was put forward to the commission by Tyson himself.

He believes shorter rounds will command more action, making it a more entering fight.

"I wanted shorter rounds for more action. If we have shorter rounds, we’ll fight more. More action," he said when asked why he wanted to modify the rules.

The two-minute rounds could benefit 'Iron' Mike, who is over thirty years older than his opponent.

The shorter rounds could also be easier to navigate in wake of his medical scare.

But the 58-year-old isn't concerned about his health leading up to his return to the ring.

"I’m just looking forward to this,” he said. "This is something that I would say ignites me. It just gives me a life for myself... it’s just me doing what I want to do. Forget everybody else. Forget if they wish I’d lose, win, it’s about me doing what I want to do.

"Forget what my wife and kids are, thinking about just this one moment, just stick with me and don’t feel sorry for me. Don’t worry about me. That’s all.

"It has nothing to do with my kids. It’s all about me. Nothing to do [with them]. And sometimes I wonder, is that bad? Is that my ego, where it’s just to hell with everybody, I don’t care [that] my health is risked or anything, it’s just who I am. They knew I was that way before they married me.

"They knew I was that way when I had them and then when they were kids, and I’m just going to always be there. I’m always going to test myself. I’m always gonna push the envelope. I’m always very nervous and apprehensive until it gets closer to the fight."