In recent years, WWE has expanded its Premium Live Events beyond North America with shows in Germany, Scotland, France, Australia, and beyond. These shows have been well-received and demonstrate that WWE is indeed in a new era post-Vince McMahon, but could the continent of Africa be next on the company’s radar?

During a recent interview with Scott Johnson on the Going Ringside podcast, Oba Femi made clear he certainly hopes so. Femi, whose record-long reign as NXT North American Champion ended this week, expressed his desire for a PLE in Africa.

“I would love to see a PLE in Africa. I feel there is a market there that has been unexplored for years. We have had live shows go to South African, but it’s much bigger than just South Africa. I feel the entire continent is riding hard for WWE.”

Femi admitted that hosting such an event won’t be easy for WWE, as he spoke of “culture shock” and a “fear of the unknown” among other factors the company will consider. Despite these issues, the Nigerian star remained confident that the crowd reaction will be worth it.

“Oh my God, I’m talking one of the hottest crowds the company has ever seen.They would go ballistic for their king [referring to himself], but they would go ballistic for everything for the product.”

Femi plans to bring up the idea to WWE management “once I gain the equity, the respect and credibility” to bring up such a topic. With Femi already making history in WWE NXT, its clear the company has big plans for him, meaning this discussion about an African PLE may be held sooner rather than later.