R-Truth still has The Miz’s back despite the latter’s betrayal on last night’s WWE Raw.

During the latest edition of the show, R-Truth made his surprise return and teamed up with The Miz. They squared off against faced Authors of Pain. During the match, Truth was left behind by the former WWE Champion following a big boot to his face. AOP capitalized on the situation and scored a pinfall win.

In a WWE Raw Exclusive, R-Truth was asked to share his thoughts on The Miz, who attacked him. Truth feels that ‘The A-Lister’ might have got confused that Truth is still a part of The Judgment Day and that his actions were not on purpose. He then said that he would reach out to The Miz for clarification.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I think he got confused. Miz got confused. He thinks I’m still in Judgment Day. [Cathy Kelley says it looked intentional.] Wait a minute. Are you saying that was done on purpose? Cathy Kelley, don’t you put no blasphemy on Miz. Miz did not do that intentionally. He was merely confused over which team I was on because I used to be in the Judgment Day a while back. But I left them, and I’m in Awesome Truth. I don’t think he did that on purpose. Did it look like it? I hope he didn’t. I need to find out. I’ll text him. As a matter of fact, I need to go find him. I don’t think he would do nothing like that, not to me. Better not have done it on purpose.”

Ahead of their match, The Miz was surprised by R-Truth’s return last night. Truth, who had been on the shelf for weeks following Bronson Reed’s brutal assault announced that he got them a match with AOP’s Akam and Rezar. He explained that he did not like how Karrion Kross was trying to manipulate the two-time Grand Slam Champion.

The Miz had been confused about his future due to his losing streak. Last week on WWE Raw, ‘The A-Lister’ was set to face ‘Big’ Bronson Reed. However, the match never started as Braun Strowman attacked Reed before the match. This left The Miz quite frustrated.

On the other hand, for weeks Kross has been playing mind games with the former WWE Champion and trying to make him realize that he could be a monster in his own way. The Miz’s heel turn has finally culminated and the eight-time WWE Intercontinental Champion could finally go a different direction by portraying a villainous role, something he has thrived on.