Life is Grand... Actually 100 Grand!

I hope everyone who's reading this is doing just absolutely phenomenal! On my end, life is great! Or shall I say life is grand? 100 grand? We just reached a very cool mark a couple of days ago. OurSpace page now has over 100,000 friends--in less than 6 months! I wanna thank all of my cyberamigos for interacting with my page, and I especially wanna thank Tamran for all the hard work she does here! She's the best! If I'm not mistaken, there's only one WWEer ahead of us now, friend-wise. We're coming to get ya! *wink*

Today is a big day for me. As the majority of you know, I have a shot to win the United States Title tonight from M.V.P. at The Great American Bash. I have officially now made it my immediate goal to win that title. I also can't forget that my baby brother has a chance to win the Intercontinental Title tonight as well. And my homey Patrick (Yuck) just reminded me that Shannon has a chance to win the Cruiserweight Title tonight. It's the first time that myself, Jeff, and Shannon have all had title shots on one pay-per-view. Make sure to tune in tonight and support the good causes! And after winning the U.S. Title, I'm going after the World Heavyweight Championship. It doesn't make a difference who holds it. It doesn't matter if it's Edge, The Great Khali, Godzilla, Megatron, or Galactus--I won't be denied!

I wanna thank all the MFer's in Laredo that chanted "HARDY" throughout the Battle Royal for the World Championship last week. I also wanna thank everyone in Biloxi a couple weeks ago that were chanting "MATT FOR CHAMP" at the top of their lungs. One of my closest friends (Apollo) said you could really feel the momentum of my white-hot streak. He said it feels like there's a vibe surrounding me of "you're seeing a new guy ascend to the top and break through the glass ceiling." He also said he thought I was "The Lifeblood of Smackdown"--that I had been keeping the show alive. Over the course of the last year, so many people have left the show or been injured--King Booker, Kennedy, Benoit, Gregory Helms, Undertaker, Batista, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, and most recently, Edge. Regardless of injuries or exits, I feel I've been the most consistent performer on Smackdown for the last year. I wanna be the reason why people tune in--and I think I'm definitely getting there. So I told my friend I was gonna steal his slogan. I am Matt Hardy, "The Lifeblood Of Smackdown!"

I wanna send a "Get Well Soon" out to my friend "Krazy K" Kirby Mack. Kirby suffered a punctured and then collapsed lung this weekend while wrestling. He had to spend a couple of days in the hospital due to this serious injury. Please say a little prayer for Kirby and keep him in your thoughts as he gets better.

The last couple of months have been really, really good for me. I'm doing the best I ever have career-wise, my side projects are doing well, and I've been so stress-free and happy personally. Life is fun, life is great. I feel like I've personally reinvented myself and this is by far the best incarnation of me. I truly am getting wiser (and unfortunately older, ha!) and have such a tight grasp on how to get the most out of things in life--regardless if these things are good or bad. I have so found my chee! I'm lucky. I hope everyone can enjoy their life the way I'm enjoying mine.

Quote of the day - "If I had known then what I know now" - Pearl Jam, Red Mosquito

Matt

myspace.com/theonlymatthardy