Drew McIntyre has his eyes on a potential main eventer and a tag team on NXT 2.0.

McIntyre knows what it’s like to compete on the NXT brand. In fact, he’s a former NXT Champion. The brand has recently undergone a change and is being treated more as a developmental brand than a major third show.

During a media scrum, Drew McIntyre revealed who has his attention on NXT 2.0.

“Yeah, I was watching the first show and live tweeting along as I was paying close attention. I was curious how the new format would look. There are some talents that really caught my eye. Steiner’s kid, Bron Breakker caught my attention right away. He is clearly an athlete of a high level. He looks great, talks like his uncle, which is awesome. I see a big future for him. If he stays on the right path [and] keeps working hard like he’s clearly doing.”

The former two-time WWE Champion also said that he’s been impressed by the Creed Brothers. For some of the new talent surfacing on NXT 2.0, it hasn’t taken long for them to be thrust into the spotlight. Bron Breakker will be getting an NXT Championship opportunity against Tommaso Ciampa at Halloween Havoc on Oct. 26.

When the decision was made to change the direction of NXT, the reception was a mixed bag. Many criticized the promotion for it as NXT felt like an alternative brand for those who wanted something different from Raw and SmackDown. Those in favor of the change say it’s best to ensure talent is following the Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard playbook in order to be ready for the main roster.