Cody Rhodes has broken his silence about Kevin Owens’ attack after Bad Blood 2024 but he’s not giving away anything just yet.

The Undisputed WWE Champion recently spoke to Manchester Evening News ahead of WWE’s upcoming UK tour. He was instantly asked about the topic everyone has in mind.

Rhodes first admitted that it’d be foolish for him to try and deny the unfolding of events since the entire video exists online. Though he is determined to keep his remarks short at the moment:

“It’s a very passionate industry, everybody wants the north star of our business which is the WWE championship and the championship that I hold at this time. I don’t know if you’ll see this unfold on screens, on Smackdown, on Raw or when we come overseas.”

The Owens turn had been teased for several weeks. The two stars almost came to blows during the August 27 SmackDown, after Rhodes inadvertently cost KO and Randy Orton a match against The Bloodline.

Nobody expected it to happen in such close proximity to The Rock’s return however and without any WWE cameras around. Even several days after the incident, the only official word has come from Triple H himself, who claims that the matter will be dealt with internally.

Cody Rhodes is not sure if the matter will be made public, but the events following his big match does make him feel like the WrestleMania season has already begun:

“Pro Wrestling and sports entertainment tends to like dive into that. Perhaps it does, or perhaps its dealt internally. I overall, I did feel very happy about my match at Bad Blood. I was happy for the city of Atlanta, that being the city that raised me. Everything happened and appeared and I was happy for Atlanta and the WWE because it feels like the road to WrestleMania started early this year.”

The American Nightmare is more focused on his upcoming Crown Jewel match with fellow World Champion Gunther at the moment. We’ll have to wait and see when the next chapter in his rivalry with his former friend is written.