AEW International Champion Will Ospreay praised Kenny Omega for his contribution to pro wrestling but that doesn’t change his personal feelings for him.

Ospreay told Kenny McIntosh of Inside The Ropes Magazine what Kenny Omega means to AEW. ‘The Aerial Assassin’ stated that Omega represents what AEW initially was. He became a huge star alongside the likes of The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page and helped set up AEW. While he respects Omega as a professional, it doesn’t mean they will become friends. He said:

“I think he represents the identity of what AEW initially was. He didn’t need the machine to make himself a big superstar, he made himself a star along with The Bucks, along with Hangman, and everyone else that helped to set up the company. There was an identity about AEW that was different to what American TV was accustomed to.

Those guys really set the bar for what wrestling could look like. It could have a different image and it could have a different identity. Especially when it comes to TV-style wrestling. Those guys completely shifted what it looked like to be TV wrestlers. He’s one of the best and I give him all the flowers in the world, but that doesn’t mean I like him [laughs]. Other than that, he’s a prick.”

Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay are two of the greatest wrestlers in pro wrestling. Over the years, they have been involved in feuds and even took personal shots. What could be labeled a dream match, the pair collided at Wrestle Kingdom 17. This marked Omega’s first match in NJPW since 2019 and ‘The Cleaner’ dethroned Ospreay to win the IWGP United States Heavyweight title.

Omega and Ospreay once again battled for the title at last year’s AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door. It was Ospreay who emerged victorious in a match that went on for 40 minutes and walked out of Scotiabank Arena as the IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion.

Will Ospreay is currently enjoying his AEW International title run after he recently reclaimed his title by beating MJF at last month’s AEW All In: London. ‘The Aerial Assassin’ will defend his title against Pac at this weekend’s AEW All Out pay-per-view. On the other hand, Kenny Omega is working hard to make his return to the ring.