Tony Khan may have taken steps towards being an on-screen presence for AEW but don't expect the 40-year-old billionaire to lace up a pair of wrestling boots.

With Khan becoming more of a presence on programming in recent years, it's not hard to see why some have speculated on a potential match for the AEW President. When asked about this possibility on Cincy 360 however, Khan explained why headlock and suplexes aren't in his future.

"AEW is where the best wrestle, and we mean that...in this case, I’m not the best person to pay those people back."

Khan also pointed out that things hardly went his way the last time he was in an AEW ring as he was the victim of an attack by The Elite.

"After what happened to me last time, I don’t think I’d be making a smart move trying that [having a match]."

The AEW President hasn't been seen on TV since the attack by the Elite in April 2024. This marked Khan's first time getting physical as part of an AEW storyline and he took a piledriver from the Young Bucks. The faction attacked Kenny Omega the following week.

While Khan doesn't plan on having a match, there are some names from wrestling's corporate side who would step into the ring. Perhaps the most obvious example is Vince McMahon who competed a total 63 times between August 1998 and April 2022. Shane and Stephanie McMahon would also establish themselves as business people in WWE before they stepped into the ring.