Pro wrestling legend Rob Van Dam has shed some light on his future at AEW after making only a handful of appearances.

Since making his debut in August 2023, he has competed in only six matches. This sparked concern for his future with the promotion but RVD is not ruling out a longer run with AEW. Speaking on 1 of A Kind Podcast, he said that he would consider an offer but he is yet to have discussions for a possible extended run. He said:

“I would like to think that I’m open to any conversation. So anything’s worth considering. Let’s hear what you got in mind, whatever. But no, I don’t have any of those talks. What you see is what you get, and that’s all anybody is talking about. All anyone is talking about doing, let me put it that way.”

He further said that taking time off and not wrestling full-time has a disadvantage - it impacts the conditioning. RVD has explained that if he wrestled more often then fans could see a more 'fluid' version of himself. He said:

"One thing the fans don’t take into consideration that I do, it’s cool having time off and I don’t want to be full-time, anything like that. But it is a big disadvantage, being in the ring, because no matter how much conditioning that I do, there’s no wrestling conditioning like wrestling. So if I was wrestling like every week, instead of sometimes every six weeks, maybe eight weeks, whatever, then you would have a little bit even more fluid RVD."

The 53-year-old has been making sporadic appearances in AEW. He immediately made a mark after his debut when he went up against then-FTW Champion Jack Perry. Though he was unsuccessful in dethroning the champ, he received massive praise for the match. RVD then went on to team up with Hook for a couple of matches over two months.

Earlier this year in January, the veteran wrestler faced Sean Strickland in a Hardcore match but endured a defeat. RVD competed in a six-man tag team match joining forces with Adam Page and Hook in February. His last match for the promotion took place a few weeks back when he picked up his maiden win after defeating Isiah Kassidy, Komander, and Lee Johnson.