AEW TNT Champion Adam Copeland wasted no time in making moves towards joining the promotion after his WWE deal expired in September 2023.

After over 25 years as Edge, Copeland debuted for AEW at the inaugural WrestleDream event and immediately entered a program with former friend Christian Cage. The pair's lengthy feud culminated with Copeland dethroning Cage for the TNT gold in March 2024.

On the Insight podcast, Copeland discussed the end of his WWE career and made clear he left on great terms. The Hall of Famer explained how quickly the turnaround was for him to go from WWE to its main rival.

"It happened so quick. My contract with WWE was up on, I want to say September 21st. That's when I started talking to Tony [Khan.] It was September 22nd. And WrestleDream was October 1st. So it all happened within a week."

Copeland's All-Elite arrival wasn't the first time his name had been tied to AEW. In 2019, the Canadian came close to joining AEW, then a young upstart, before ultimately opting to stick with WWE. In the interview, Copeland was asked why he went for the younger promotion four years later.

"It felt like I'd done everything that I was going to do with WWE. I'd worked [with] the people I wanted to work, 95 percent anyway. And it really just felt that they were on a direction and I was on a direction and they were kind of going separate ways."

Ultimately, Copeland made his choice and opted for the road less traveled in 2023 and has clearly been having a blast in the company so far. Currently, the TNT Champion is feuding with the House of Black and has retained against Buddy Matthews and Brody King.